Wednesday, November 21, 2018

My Genuine Wish

I genuinely wish I could be like Jesus Christ, not in holiness or godliness, but in temperament. I wish a side of my cheek could be slapped and I would have the temerity to turn the other side, overlook disrespect and refuse to fight back at the height of provocation.

How I wish that if someone calls me Stinking, I could compliment the person as smelling nice. My wishful inclination to emulate Jesus abounds, but my capacity to be close is afar. I guess nobody can be like Him, though some are better at striving to be than others.

I also wish I could be like Mandela, Dr. Martin Luther king  or Indira Gandhi so that I would preach, tutor and befriend my oppressors and bullies about Love, peace and the importance of reconciliation, but I guess THE CREATOR made me to be like Moses, David and Malcom X, so that when you choose to kill my chicken I orchestrate to break your eggs, when you want to reincarnate to be modern day Goliath, I seek for strength to defeat you and when you choose to deny me my GOD given right, liberty and freedom, I go all the way to protect me.

Oh, I wish I could be like Henry Kissinger, not in personality but in diplomacy, so that I could have a good understanding of diplomatic gimmicks and pretend to like you when I am sure that you cannot stand my gut, but my innermost believe that diplomacy when individual is hypocrisy will not permit me. My sincere distaste for hypocrisy is so original and inborn that my mood and dispositions can not be faked. My love is for those that love me truly. I wish I could always be politically and empathetically correct all the time but my spontaneous reactions have no room for baloney and it's embellishment.

But all in all, my gratitude is to GOD, not only for the gift of easiness to be me, the endowment to enjoy and find strength in my personhood, my idiosyncrasies, my laxities and inadequacies, but most importantly for my ability to at all times have an unbelievable level of confidence in myself that friends and foes find incomprehensible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome

Translate