Tuesday, November 2, 2010

My View of Lagos

"Good God, morning" or "Good moning, God!!" These statements always have conflicting effects on me each  morning. But whatever I may feel, I know it's always going to be another beautiful day on the streets of Lagos.

Take a look at the face of every single person walking on the street. What do you see? I see a lot of despair. I see pain. Some have even lost hope and are merely going through the motions. Hoping that each day would be better than the last.

Life shouldn't be this hard.

I see a megacity full of people. Survivors. A city where the inhabitants have developed skills of producing money in any currency from any substance they touch (or perceive).

What I find most interesting is that it is a city of hustlers.

We learn the ropes from our early days. These skills stay with us for the rest of our lives. Some channel their enery and skills positively, some negatively while others will always get played because they refused to walk the ropes early enough.

I need to catch the staff bus now. Be back in the next 1 hour.

Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome

Translate