Monday, November 18, 2013

Broken Relationship




At 33 I've just broken up with my fiancé after a year of agony and depression. It was a relief, but the impending sense of loss is unbearable and he's asked for two more months to fix it. We've been together for 12 years and engaged for six. Around our engagement I fell for a friend, and although I didn't act on this I can't seem to return to my pre-2007 awe for my fiancé. I also dislike weddings. In 2008 I kissed a couple of people, last year I slept with a stranger and last month I risked even more on a one-night stand. I feel more of a brother-sister type of relationship with my fiancé. I did tell him about this, but he didn't take it seriously. Details would destroy him so I ended it based on his short temper and antisocial nature (we rarely go out and he avoids my friends). He is my best friend, knows me inside out, makes me laugh and cares for me greatly. He's the most decent and loyal man I have ever known, and would be a wonderful father, but I can't picture us walking down the aisle or my romantic feelings returning.


Mariella replies I hate to think how you'd treat an enemy! Seriously, what does best friend mean? You've lied to him, been unfaithful then blamed the break up on him – it's hardly A* behaviour on your part. Now you've left him with the challenge of "fixing it". You're right about one thing – your relationship, in its present state, isn't worth prolonging.


Thinking out loud ........... Do we have such women in Nigeria?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome

Translate