Thursday, July 21, 2016

You live in a coastal city and can't swim!



I  reconnected with an old friend from the Uni after over 10 years. At the time,we met again on Facebook when I saw a post that he was running for a political position and was gearing up for the elections when Pres. Buhari and Gov. Ambode were elected.

Then tragedy struck,
I woke up to Facebook posts of people commenting about my friend saying they hoped the news they were hearing was false. Unfortunately, it wasn't, he had drowned while going on a ferry/boat to the polling unit to vote.It was really hard to comprehend, lots of questions and sadness about a life cut short, " The beautiful ones die young".

I know a lot of us also heard about the two ladies that drowned at one of the beaches in Lagos this year on the same day.

I decided the day I heard of my friends drowning to start swimming lessons.

As a woman, a Nigerian woman, a very body conscious yoruba girl, my first worries did not even come from the fear of water, it was from the type of swimwear I would be able to wear and be comfortable in public with. But funny enough, I found that in the world of swimwears, we have all been put into consideration and I found several swimwears I could use comfortably and still even look nice.

I was also lucky that a very close friend had started running a swimming pool that majored in teaching schools and individuals to swim, although she had to leave that pool to manage another or build a new one.

So if anyone is interested in investing in this, just comment, great business opportunity here.

Written by
Wunmi 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome

Translate