Friday, May 8, 2015

Ode To Sly (Late Sylvester O. Ojigbede)- Sola Mogaji OAP Classic FM 97.3




On the 3rd of this month, Nigeria lost a rare gem, OAP on Classic FM 97.3, Sylvester Ojigbede and till today, his friends, family and colleagues are still in shock (but who are we to question God?). Sola Mogaji, one of his colleagues at the Radio Station where he worked until his demise, penned this very emotional tribute.

 

ODE TO SLY…..
Over the last few days i have hoped and prayed that it was all a dream and i would wake up and life would be back to normal… But life is not back to normal Sly cause you are not here! I will not come in t the studio on Saturday for “Schullzz on Saturday” and hear you say ” Sholly wanna rock” or “Sholly” then reach out to me arms stretched for me to come hug you and i would always gladly sneak a good snuggle with you.. Then you would tell me “Sholly mehn i am tired or did you listen to the show” If i said yes i listened you would quizz me over how it was sounding? or ask why didn’t i tweet nau?
Then we would move on to “Sholly i dey hung die i need food “and you would bug me until i did something about it Lol… We shared so many things in common, our love of music and dance ( Sly could move) we loved to laugh a lot and we talked about everything and anything… Though much younger than me there was never any age barrier between us you pulled me up on my crap like only a brother and a friend would, you would tell me Schullzz if you like vex you know me i will tell you…
You held my hand repeatedly during my early days at classic when we were doing the breakfast show and would tirelessly show me the ropes. And boy. it seemed like i would never get the hang of all the gadgets all up in that room Lol but you were patient and kept saying Sola it’s easy nau, you never stopped encouraging and telling how happy you were i had my own show. You never let up on anything regarding work (The effico that you were).


Your dedication to your wife and children was just inspiring and you shared many stories about what an awesome woman your wife is and i would laugh and sing ” Love Nwantintin ” for you to which you will respond with “na you sabi”. Years later in fact almost 5 years later to be exact i look around and you’re gone from my sight. My neo soul music partner, my paddy, my bruv, my friend, my person person, my partner in foolishness N belly racking laughter during “Hanging with Schullzz” i dare to ask myself how i go on knowing you’re not here!! Classic FM, Hanging with Schullzz won’t ever be the same…I love you today and always, you will always be in my heart. I will really miss you Sly Ojigbede.. Rest easy Oremi atata.. Sun re O ..

May God rest your soul, Sly, and comfort your loved ones- AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome

Translate